JSMI Global Ventures Refund Policy
Due to IRS regulations, JSMI Global Ventures follows a stringent “no refund” policy for all donations received. JSMI Global Ventures’ policy states in the event a missionary has met the fundraising requirements and then either receives donations in excess of the scheduled price of the trip, or in excess of the cancellation costs from withdrawing from the program, his/her mission account balance will either be held over for one trip year, transferred to another team member, or to the overall trip project at JSMI Global Ventures’ discretion.
Global Ventures makes every effort to use contributions for specified purposes. In the event, a project becomes overfunded or its purposes frustrated due to circumstances beyond our control, this may no longer be practical. In such circumstances, Global Ventures will use those donations elsewhere to fulfill its fundamental mission.
Fees / Cost Description
- All currencies displayed on GlobalVentures.TV is in U.S. Dollars and will be subject to international exchange rates at the time of payment.
- A non-refundable deposit of $300 USD reserves your spot on a trip.
- Joining a trip after International Tickets have been purchased will result in a $100 fee.
Changes made after purchasing tickets will result in a $100 fee (in addition to airline change fees).
- Team Member Required Documents (Blue Forms, Pastor Recommendation, Passport Picture Page Copy, and Visa pictures – where applicable) must be submitted no later than March 1st for Summer trips and August 1st for Fall trips. If a team member is unable to do so, this will result in a $100 late fee.
- All returned checks will result in a $25 fee.
Contributions, Tax-Deductions, and Cancellations
- To receive a tax deduction, sponsors must make their checks payable to Global Ventures (The parent ministry is John Smithwick Ministries International). JSMI has been recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt organization described in Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (3) and is eligible to receive tax deductible donations. All contributions to JSMI/Global Ventures are solicited with the understanding that JSMI/Global Ventures has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.
- All donations must include missionary name and trip attending with check or online. (The check should be accompanied by a Payment Coupon with the missionary’s name and trip attending or a note stating the name of the missionary and trip that the contribution is for).
- All checks/money orders must have current dates (not postdated) and are made payable to Global Ventures (or JSMI) to ensure tax deductibility.
- Never send cash. It is not safe, and JSMI Global Ventures cannot furnish donor receipts for cash donations because of difficulty in documenting the identity of the donor.
- Contributions are NOT refundable. All funds donated by sponsors become the exclusive and permanent property of JSMI Global Ventures when received and are at all times under the complete discretion and control of JSMI. Donated funds will be used in furtherance of JSMI’s tax-exempt purposes for missions work and evangelism.
- In order for the donor to receive a tax deduction the check MUST be made payable to Global Ventures or JSMI.
JSMI Global Ventures Cancellation Policy
If the missionary cancels his or her plans to go on a mission trip after the Domestic and International Ticketing Deadline, all costs related to the ticket must be paid in full, along with an additional $200.00 cancellation fee. If a missionary cancels before the Domestic and International Ticketing Deadline, no charges will be made. Any remaining funds less then $300 non-refundable deposit will be held over for one trip year to send that same missionary or another trip goer at JSMI Global Ventures discretion.
All trips and scheduled ministry are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances that may arise.
Drugs and Alcohol
Global Ventures team members will not be permitted to use alcohol, tobacco products, or drugs. If any team member uses or has any of these items in their possession, they will be sent home immediately at their own expense and without a refund. (This does not include prescription medicines).
Travel Insurance Coverage
(For U.S. and Canadian Residents only).
JSMI Global Ventures covers each individual traveling on a GV trip with basic travel insurance.
Send all U.S. funds to: U.S. Postal Address
JSMI Global Ventures
PO Box 1860
Catoosa, OK 74015