JSMI Global Ventures Refund Policy
Due to IRS regulations, JSMI Global Ventures follows a stringent “no refund” policy for all donations received. JSMI Global Ventures’ policy states in the event a missionary has met the fundraising requirements and then either receives donations in excess of the scheduled price of the trip, or in excess of the cancellation costs from withdrawing from the program, his/her mission account balance will be held over for one trip year or another team member at JSMI Global Ventures discretion.
• All currencies displayed on GlobalVentures.TV are in U.S. Dollars and will be subject to international exchange rates at the time of payment.
• A non-refundable Deposit of $300 USD reserves your spot on a trip.
• Joining a trip after International Tickets have been purchased will result in a $100 fee.
• Changes made after purchasing tickets will result in a $100 fee (in addition to airline change fee).
• Team Member Required Documents (Blue Forms, Pastor Recommendation, Passport Picture Page Copy, and Visa pictures – where applicable) must be submitted no later than the final payment deadline. If a team member is unable to do so, this will result in a $100 late fee.
• All returned checks will result in a $25 fee.
Contributions, Tax-Deductions, and Cancellations
1. All donations must include missionary name and trip attending.
2. All checks/money orders must have current dates (not postdated) and are made payable to JSMI to ensure tax deductibility.
3. Never send cash. It is not safe, and JSMI Global Ventures cannot furnish donor receipts for cash donations because of difficulty in documenting the identity of the donor.
4. To receive a tax deduction, sponsors must make their checks payable to JSMI (John Smithwick Ministries International) a.k.a. Global Ventures. JSMI has been recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt organization described in Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (3) and is eligible to receive tax deductible donations. All contributions to JSMI/Global Ventures are solicited with the understanding that JSMI/Global Ventures has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.
5. Contributions are NOT refundable. All funds donated by sponsors become the exclusive and permanent property of JSMI when received and are at all times under the complete discretion and control of JSMI. Donated funds will be used in furtherance of JSMI’s tax-exempt purposes for missions work and evangelism.
6. Sponsors are NOT to place the missionary’s name anywhere on the check. When sponsors send in a check, the check should be accompanied by either of the following:
- A Payment Coupon that has the missionary’s name and trip attending. (Download our sample support letter.)
- A note stating that the gift to JSMI was made as a result of a request by (name of missionary).
7. In order for the donor to receive a tax deduction the check MUST be made payable to JSMI/Global Ventures.
JSMI Global Ventures Cancellation Policy
If the missionary cancels his or her plans to go on a mission trip after the International Ticketing Deadline, all costs related to the ticket must be paid in full, along with an additional $200.00 cancellation fee. If a missionary cancels before the International Ticketing Deadline, no charges will be made. Any remaining funds less the $300 non-refundable deposit will be held over for one trip year to send that same missionary or another trip goer at JSMI Global Ventures discretion.
Drugs and Alcohol
Global Ventures team members will not be permitted to use alcohol, tobacco products or drugs. If any team member uses or has any of these items in their possession, they will be sent home immediately at their own expense and without a refund. (This does not include prescription medicines).
Mission Trip Insurance Coverage
(For U.S. and Canadian Residents only).
JSMI Global Ventures covers each individual traveling on a GV trip with basic insurance. Click here for more details.
Send all U.S. funds to: U.S. Postal Address
JSMI Global Ventures
PO Box 1860
Catoosa, OK 74015
Physical Address (express packages only):
JSMI Global Ventures
19707 E. Admiral Pl
Catoosa, OK 74015